Sunday 10 July 2011

It's July already?!?

How did that happen?! O.o

Currently lounging outside with a drink waiting for the braai fire to be cool enough for the meat to go on, watching the ponies in the back field.

Today was hilarious! Went into Liverpool with my friend, and met a drunk, redheaded Irishman called Patrick! How stereotypical can you get?! Needless to say, I had to control the giggles :)
Also finally got round to buying some massage oils, which I'll hopefully test out later. Also went into a very,very full, epic vinyl shop that reminded me soooo much of my stepmom, just couldn't remember what she had/didn't have :/ Sorry, but no amazing presents for you as a consequence.


One the subject of Bristol's vet school, mentioned in the last post, I adored it! It was everything I expected and more, definitely made up for the let down that was Liverpool. Can really see myself going there, as with all the others really, not sure how I could choose!
Well, I do have my favourites, but not saying incase any university people see this and remember it and get iffy due to the fact they aren't on top. If you are a university person, which ever one is yours, if my favourite, just as you're reading this.

Last week I was at the amazing course that is Vetsim, held at Nottingham university. I not only held (part of) a 11ft reticulated python, but also an adorable, cuddly little skunk. I'm told they make good pets :)
Also got to fly a kestrel, and hold several larger and HEAVY birds of prey. There was also a three week old baby snowy owl, that consisted of 100% unadulterated Fuff. With a capital F (as you see).
Also thanks to this course, I'm now a qualified marine mammal medic, so if you're on the beach with a stranded cetacean, or wounded seal while I'm there, you have to listen to me. Even if I'm mean.
Why you ask?
I have power!
Well, the membership card somewhere in the post does anyway.

Now, the reason for this blog's existence is so that who ever is not on the same side of the world as I am, knows what I'm up to. Now as I'm initiating the location switch tomorrow, thought I'd get that point out there, and post the link on FB for everyone who wants to, to access.
Will also hopefully up the number of people watching. HINT!

Also theoretically means family on the destination side have a bit more of a clue what happens, as by the time I call them, I tend to have forgotten. D:

Now let's hope I remember to update!

No comments:

Post a Comment