Sunday 19 June 2011

I love the smell of leather

Especially when it's just been polished. Sat on the stoep and polished my riding boots until I forgot how many times I'd done it. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy doing it.

My other favourite smells are wood smoke, cigarette smoke, the smell after the first summer rain, where everything is all fresh and clean as well as the smell of my dad's workshop. Although I imagine most autoelectricians'/mechanic's workshops smell the same, his is special.

This blog doesn't actually have a point, but I forgot to do one on friday.
Taxis cost a lot, just so you know.

*thinks of something to say*

OH! I ordered a Poets of the Fall hoodie and it should be here sometime this week, can't take that long to ship things from Finland right? I love this band so much it isn't funny, my best friend and I were planning to drive up there, to Finland to go and see them at some point. Considering relationship with said friend, that is no longer a plan. Although I have other friends, so it's okay.

I WILL see them live :)
One day.

That smilie face looks a bit odd, to me anyway.
Ermmm....
The week after next I'm getting my Marine Mammal Medic qualification, so will go be able to rescue whales from the Thames and things. They'll actually ring me and ask for help. How snazzy is that? Really amped for it. The idea of mucking about in the sea this far North doesn't thrill me on the other hand, but I suppose I'll survive, won't I?

Running out of general rambles here, or at least interesting ones.

EDIT: Will people please tell me when I make spelling mistakes? This has sat out there on the internet for however long and no one mentioned that this wasn't 100% correct. Rather annoying to tell you the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment