Thursday 15 September 2011

Lots of new things

Well firstly, as mentioned in my last post, my AS grades weren't entirely peachy. Due to the fact all the universities look at predicted grades, and mine weren't predicted high enough, it is highly unlikely that I'd be accept if I applied this year.
Although I did consider going for the gateway vet course, which is a six year degree and let's you in with slightly lower grades. Sounds like a bit of a lifesaver doesn't it?
that there are only 25ish places on the course in the entire country is a bit of a downside though.
Another alternative was going back to my quaint little, but very accommodating, high school sixth form. Where, due to only being a squigdey bit off an A, I'd continue A2 biology and do chemistry, maths and something else at AS (either art or english lit.), ultimately qualifying with four A levels.
Now this was rather tempting.

But what I've decided to do, and am going to enroll  in about an hour, is a BTEC in  Animal Management  at my local agricultural college. Also going to try finish off my biology and chemistry A levels at night school as well. Not only is it an amazing looking course, but I get still get into vet school with it.
What I found rather attractive was that the college full of  well-off farmer's sons  that if, due to the competitive nature of vet school's, it's something I can use. While A levels are all snazzy, they don't really qualify you much for other than going to uni, this is something usable. And looks really, really fun.
They have hawks, a several, wallabies and poison frogs and and..pretty much their own zoo for you to play with.
Also a little scared of re-taking my AS, only to get the same results, this is something completely new.

And!!!
I'm now 18 >.<

Not happy about being old, that's for sure.
Gave my youth a good send off though. It involved a pirate hat, a gay talk, lots, and lots of kisses with even more rum.
So that was quite fun, although think we killed another chicken with the stress.
She was fine sunday morning,even lay,  but after everyone had gone in the early afternoon, we found her dead :(
Now only two left.

So yeah, thats about it for this week really.

No comments:

Post a Comment